We'd like to introduce you to several ministries at LFCC where you can meet with others to learn and grow together in community.
Community Groups (CG's) are small gatherings outside of Sunday worship where individuals can build personal relationships with one another while practically applying the gospel to their lives. CG's are where we strengthen our identity in Christ and learn how to love others as Christ instructs us in the Gospel. We also believe that CG's are the easiest way to get plugged into our church and to get to know new people.
CG's meet across the greater Queens area throughout the week. Here is a list of groups, locations and meeting days. For more information on a particular group, please email the leader.
• Greater NY – Frank Won (email@example.com)
• Little Neck – Daniel Park (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Midtown – Peter Song (email@example.com)
• Douglaston – Arie Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Forest Hills – Paul Ng (email@example.com)
• Hicksville – Moses Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Youth Ministry of Living Faith Community Church exists for the glory of God to be magnified through the lives of middle school and high school students. Students are discipled through the preaching and teaching of God's Word, singing Christ-exalting songs, fellowship, small groups, missions, retreats, events, and more.
Our youth group meets during the school year on Friday evenings in Manhasset, where the youth of our church along with their friends gather regularly to continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. For more information on our Youth Ministry, please contact Moses Chung (email@example.com).
The College Ministry of LFCC exists to help college students both locally and away either begin or continue a living relationship with Jesus. This is done through events, visitations, fellowship meetings, and more.
For more information, please contact Moses Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Women's Ministry of LFCC focuses on engaging one other through prayer and accountability. We meet on the 4th Saturday of each month to share about our lives, and to pray for our church and for the community around us. We use the Scripture Union devotionals to guide our time of discussion and prayer.
Additionally, our ministry seeks to keep each other accountable via weekly prayer request emails. We also organize various social events throughout the year for the women of our church to get to know each other better.
For more information, please contact Lily Chen: (email@example.com).
LFCC's Mens Ministry consists of a group of men in our church who take interest in growing together. We are men who are concerned about the gospel and how it shapes and molds us into God's image. Men from all walks of life leave their pride at the door and come to the group seeking accountability, encouragement and brotherly love.
We meet on the third Saturday of each month to have breakfast together and pray. We require that attendees make a one year commitment to foster continuity and community. We also host an annual camping trip in September which is open to all men of our church.
For more information, please contact Chol Kim: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faith @ Work Gatherings - Faith @ Work Gatherings gather the whole congregation for worship, teaching, and fellowship over work. We believe that coming together as the Body of Christ in worship is a vital element for connecting our Christian faith to our work. These nights will typically include testimonies, panel discussions, and vocational break-outs. November 12th will mark the initial Faith @ Work Gathering.
- Vocational Groups - Vocational groups will be seeded in the Faith @ Work Gatherings. These groups will bring together men and women based on a shared field of work. We hope that one day vocational groups will grow into independent gatherings where Christians can share frustrations, celebrate triumphs, pray for one another, seek the will of God in his Word, and pursue justice & mercy in their work field. We believe that gathering with others in our fields will deepen fellowship, embolden and sharpen prayer, and help us ask better questions of God and his Word.
- Commissioning - We are in the process of designing a process whereby Living Faith will publically commission members of its congregation for their work. In doing this, we will proclaim the truth that all legitimate work can be done in response to the calling of Christ and should be understood as "full-time Christian work."
Faith & Work ministry
The Faith & Work Ministry at Living Faith aims to seed and cultivate a rich Christian vision of work. We want to empower men and women to realize the fullness of their Christian identity at work. Our hope is that we will all see our work as an essential place where we can serve the Lord Jesus, express the gifts and abilities he has given us to steward, serve our neighbors, and be salt and light for the common good.
This vision has given rise to four elements:
- Theology of Work Class - This six session class exists to educate our congregation on the splendor and beauty of the biblical view of work. We desire that everyone in our church family, youth to elderly, would lay claim to the truth that (a) we are created in the image of working God and created for good works, (b) because of this our work is an important component of life's meaning, purpose, and blessing (and a place which is deeply impacted by sin), and (c) our work is also where we glorify God and love others. This class began in April 2017. Currently, the class is taking place in Community Groups and on Sunday afternoons at P.S. 20 in Flushing, where King's Cross meets.